Friday 10 October 2014

Time for tea!

A few weeks ago when I was shopping with my youngest daughter for items that she needed to take to university with her, I found a very cute sugar bowl and cream jug set on sale.  It was remarkably good value for money so, although I can't say that I was in desperate need of a new sugar bowl and cream jug, I felt it would be silly of me not to snap it up at its bargain price.



It is from a 'Katie Alice' collection  called 'Cupcake Couture' and, I do already have a lovely cake stand from another Katie Alice collection called 'Cottage Flower' which, my children gave me as a gift so, I really didn't need any more persuading to buy this cute little set!!



Please note that visiting any of the above links I have given may result in an irresistible urge to order very pretty china!!

You may wonder why I am telling you all this and, there is a very good reason! I didn't feel that I could use my new sugar bowl and cream jug as I didn't have a teapot which coordinated with them (being a perfectionist about these things prevents me from using clashing china!!)  However, I have found the solution to this problem.



I have made a lovely new tea cosy using spotty (Tilda) fabric which looks right at home with the china.  Now, I can use any teapot under the cosy and no-one (except you!) will know that it doesn't match!!



I used some ric rac to make the flower stems and then cut out and appliqued the flower shapes and leaves to the background fabric using a small machine zig zag stitch. As a final touch I hand embroidered some french knots on the flower centres.



So now it is time for tea!!  Anyone for cake?

Have a lovely weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Very lovely Christine. Both the tea set, and especially the cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrislyn! Hope you are keeping well! :) x

      Delete
  2. Definitely cake please with your gorgeous new china! What a delightful cosy-your applique and fabric are really lovely Christine. I do have a 'Katie Alice' tray and am tempted to take a look at your links...maybe as a little treat from all the wedding spending!!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I am sure that you deserve a little treat after all the excitement and energy you have put into the wedding! Hope it all goes well! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous tea cosy especially in the Tilda material, love the colours and they suit your tea set very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dawn! Thank you very much... A good excuse to have some tea parties now!! :) xx Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  4. I love your tea cosy, dear Christine!! The Tilda fabric are so lovely!
    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! Tilda fabrics make everything turn out lovely!! :) x

      Delete
  5. A very pretty tea cosy to match your very pretty new sugar bowl and jug! I love the dotty fabric!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen! Thank you!! I really like dotty fabrics and I just loved the dotty china.... couldn't resist buying it!! :) xx

      Delete